When it comes to data security, all parties involved need to work together. Even after you’ve done your work, it’s important to stay tuned. Simply shifting the responsibility to the IT department will not be enough. People are creative and that is why entrepreneurs has to be clear that they bears the responsibility and also have to ensure that their employees handle data responsibly.
Again and again we hear “my IT department does that anyway”. Have you ever looked in your data processor contract to see what you have actually commissioned your IT department to do. Because mostly it is all about the costs, which every entrepreneur inevitably wants to keep as low as possible. Who is responsible for ongoing updates? Do you have a maintenance contract that says that your network is checked regularly, that the backup works and new updates are continuously installed?
IT security is more than just a firewall and good protection software. Experience shows that most companies have security holes, because no money is spent on regular maintenance. The IT department only does what it was commissioned to do.
IT security is like a building on piers. If a pier breaks, the risk increases at the same time. The secure base for your house is a next generation firewall.
The pillars consist of:
- Protection of all workstations, servers, mobile devices with a modern Endpoint Protection software
- regular software updates for Endpoint Protection, Microsoft etc.
- Data backup and correct storage of encrypted data carriers
- Employee training – recognition of phishing emails, the correct handling of data inside and outside the company, in the home office, …
- GDPR documentation serves as a supporting pier. If it is known, where which data can be found and which data is collected in the company, the data can be protected.
At the top we find the company’s assets, the data that is worked with on a daily basis and that can also be made to work for you to boost the company’s success.
If the measures interlock, everyone knows their responsibility and also implements them, only then your data is protected. Schindler IT-Solutions is committed to collaboration and takes responsibility seriously. The company is specialized in data. From data analysis, data migration, data security to GDPR, this company covers almost the entire area.
“Data is my life and life has to be protected” – so the statement of Mr. Ing. Andreas Schindler, managing director of the company.