When it comes to data security, collaboration is required from all stakeholders. Even if the technical homework is done, it is important to stay on the ball. Simply shifting responsibility to the IT department is not enough. People are creative and therefore entrepreneurs must be clear that they bear the responsibility and must ensure that his employees handle data responsibly.
Again and again we hear “My IT department does that”. Have you ever looked in your order processing contract to see what you have really contracted your IT department for? Because most of the time it’s all about the costs, which every entrepreneur inevitably wants to keep as low as possible. However, who is responsible for ongoing updates? Do you have a maintenance contract that regulates that your network is checked regularly? Is it checked if the backup is working and if updates are continuously applied?
IT security is more than a firewall and good software. Experience shows that most companies are not aware of the problem. Therefore, no money is spent on regular maintenance. The IT department only does what it has been commissioned to do.
IT security is like a building on pillars. If a pier breaks away, the risk of damage to the building increases. A secure foundation is provided by a Next Generation Firewall.
The pillars are made of:
- Securing all workstations, servers, mobile devices with endpoint protection software
- regular software updates for virus protection, Microsoft etc.
- Data backup and proper storage of encrypted media
- Employee training – recognizing phishing emails as well as the correct handling of data inside and outside the company, in the home office, …
- GDPR documentation serves as a supporting pillar. Only if it is known where which data can be found and which data is collected in the company can the data really be protected.
At the very top we find the capital of the company: those data that are worked with every day and that can also be made to work for you in order to boost the success of the company.
If the measures are interlinked, everyone knows his or her responsibilities and implements them. Then your data is optimally protected. Schindler IT-Solutions relies on this kind of cooperation and takes responsibility seriously. The company specializes in data. From data analysis, data migration, data security to DSGVO, this company covers the complete range.
“Data is my life and life must be protected”- this is the statement of Mr. Ing. Andreas Schindler, Managing Director of the company.