The GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018. The aim of this Act was to protect the data of each EU citizen in accordance with a strict and an uniform legislation and to give each person control over whether and how their personal data is used. Even after three years, many companies have not taken adequate measures to process, store and delete data in accordance with the law.
But why is implementation so difficult for some companies?
- Lack of understanding and internal conflicts of interest – Either the interest does not exist or the person responsible for data protection continues to perform its regular tasks. This creates a conflict of interest with the other duties. It is therefore not recommended to appoint the Head of IT as Data Protection Officer.
- Problems with technical and organizational implementation – Any person may request information about the data stored by him. This also includes the processing, the duration of storage and other data. easyGDPR DSAR allows you to automate the received requests. The long and tedious searching is no longer necessary.
- Valid contracts – The processing of data on behalf of a third party occurs in almost every company. It is therefore necessary to agree to a data processor contract. With easyGDPR standard , companies can generate their processor contracts independently.
- Legal ambiguity and lack of support – Some entrepreneurs are still unsure about the regulation and need support. Consultation can help to avoid mistakes and implement the GDPR correctly. At the moment, GDPR consultations can also be requested as part of SME Digital Funding .
- Data security – The entrepreneur must ensure that data is protected in the best possible way. With a firewall next generation , this is easy. This device logs all access to data.
- Employee training to raise awareness of this topic. A confidentiality agreement also helps the GDPR to move into everyday work and therefore protects data.
- Risk analysis – assess the current state of affairs so that any shortcomings in both GDPR implementation and cybersecurity can be addressed.
A quick network security check will help you understand how secure your network really is and you can fix any shortcomings.
If you have any questions about data security, your network security or GDPR, please contact Schindler IT-Solutions GmbH. Benefit from years of know-how, expert knowledge not only on GDPR, data security, but also ideas on how to use your data for yourself.