Penalty against True Vision Productions
True Vision Productions produces programs for various TV stations. For a report on stillbirths, the company installed surveillance cameras in examination rooms at a clinic. The clinic operator has agreed to this measure. Patients were informed via notices and information sheets in the waiting area, but there was no personal education about the filming.
The footage was deleted in the following cases:
- the patient did not have a stillbirth
- the patient has not given subsequent consent to the publication of the recordings
The British Data Protection Commission criticized the fact that the filming took place without explicit consent and that there was no way to stop the recordings if a patient noticed the cameras and did not consent to the filming.
Art des Verstoßes:
violated duty to inform
Waren sensible Daten betroffen?:
Violation of GDPR Paragraph:
13. Information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject
18. Right to restriction of processing
21. Right to object
5. Principles relating to personal data processing
6. Lawfulness of processing