Punishment against True Vision Productions
True Vision Productions produces broadcasts for a variety of TV stations. For a report on stillbirths, the company has installed surveillance cameras in examination rooms of a clinic. The clinic operator has approved this measure. The patients were informed about posters and information sheets in the waiting area, but there was no personal information about the film recordings.
The footage was deleted in the following cases:
- the patient had no stillbirth
- the patient has not given any subsequent consent to the publication of the recordings
The UK Data Protection Commission complained that the filming was done without explicit consent, and there was no way to stop the recording if a patient perceived the cameras and did not consent to the filming.
Art des Verstoßes:
violated duty to inform
Waren sensible Daten betroffen?:
Violation of GDPR Paragraph:
13. Information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject
18. Right to restriction of processing
21. Right to object
5. Principles relating to personal data processing
6. Lawfulness of processing